Embroidery is the art or handicraft of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread or yarn. Embroidery may also incorporate other materials such as metal strips, pearls, beads, quills, and sequins. Embroidery is most often recommended for caps, hats, coats, blankets, dress shirts, denim, stockings, and golf shirts. Embroidery is available with a wide variety of thread or yarn color.
A characteristic of embroidery is that the basic techniques or stitches of the earliest work—chain stitch, buttonhole or blanket stitch, running stitch, satin stitch, cross stitch—remain the fundamental techniques of hand embroidery today. *
These are some of Embroidery Samples that I have created by using 30 stitches which I have recently learned.... you can also find the Embroidery Motifs below some of them; So, that you can recreate the same at your home. The Type of Stitches used are mentioned above each Embroidery Sample.
Click on the Images for Full View!
1) Peacock Embroidery Sample - Stitches used are Chain Stitch,Lazydaisy, Double Lazydaisy, Herringbone, Running Stitch, Blanket, Bullion, German & French.
2) Flowers and Leaves Embroidery Sample - Stitches used are Cross Stitch, Stem Stitch, Fish bone and Dots.
3) Paisley Embroidery Sample - Mirror work, Reverse Chain, Chevron and Button Hole.
4) Flowers and Leaves Embroidery Sample - Blanket, Double Blanket, Double Herring Bone, Satin.
5) Fish Embroidery Sample - Stitches used are Double Chain Stitch or Magic Chain, Mirror Work, Simple Couching, Spider Web and Back Spider Web, Eyelet, Blanket and Chain.
I hope you enjoyed looking at these samples. Do keep sending me suggestions and ideas if you have one to share. I have really enjoyed creating these samples. Yes, it was tedious and time consuming but I loved the final results :)
* References - Wikipedia , Embroidery Books By Nirmala C. Mistry.